Questions and answers for customers
What construction works to be performed by the customer for immediate monoblock plant assembling
- First of all ferroconcrete wells of the required diameter and the required amount must be installed. For example, if it is impossible to apply for the installation drains by gravity, it is necessary to install an additional well with a pump. Also, thetre should be a trench for the air and the entrance to the premises (compressors for plants BIOTAL always assembled indoors for a variety of reasons). Often they can be laid in the same trench as the sewer pipe.
What else is necessary to prepare for monoblock plant BIOTAL assembling and commissioning?
- For plant assembling, except as provided above, you must prepare a dry mixture of sand and cement - about 1.5-2 m3 of sand, and about 200-300 kg of cement. For commissioning also is needed to prepare water in an amount of about 75% of plant capacity, as during start-up station is filled with clean water.
What is the difference between your boxes-recuperators from the the proposed placement of compressors inside the plant, as do many competitors?
Location of electrical equipment inside the wastewater treatment plant is at first, unsafe, and secondly, can significantly reduce its life span, because in conditions of high humidity compressors, and automation are exposed for negative impact of condensate, which contradicts the operating rules of this equipment.
A box-recuperator that we use is placed not in the plant, but over it, so that moisture from the space of WWTP does not get into it, and the equipment is protected from condensation, which can significantly extend its lifespan.
Moreover, the compressor, placed inside the plant delivers to the plant already exhaust air, where the lack of oxygen is, needed for biological process. Box-recuperator absorbs fresh air from the street that can effectively saturate the purified waste water with oxygen.
Another disadvantage of the location of compressors and automation inside the plant is that in winter, cold air fed into the plant compressor which reduces the biological activity of activated sludge microorganisms.
By using of our boxes-recuperators, appeared the ability to use waste water heat for heating the air. According to tests, the temperature of the air injected into the plant by compressors from the boxes-recuperators, at least 10 degrees above ambient temperature.
That is why the use of boxes-recuperators in conditions of significant removal of the plant from the nearest object of channelizing or utility room can help solve the issue of compressors placement for monoblock plants.
- Location of electrical equipment inside the wastewater treatment plant is at first, unsafe, and secondly, can significantly reduce its life span, because in conditions of high humidity compressors, and automation are exposed for negative impact of condensate, which contradicts the operating rules of this equipment.
Does BIOTAL purifies to the quality of drinking water?
- There are methods of wastewater treatment to drinking water quality, and their innumerable, but they are used only in laboratories and for maintenance of space stations and submarines. When we speak about the use of equipment for wastewater treatment in everyday life, it is impractical to install equipment for wastewater treatment to drinking water. First, it is not profitable, and it is forbidden by sanitary standards: one liter of purified water in this way will cost more than a liter of bottled and secondly you need to take into consideration the psychological factor. Therefore, the best option today is to purify the waste water up to the quality of technical, with the re-use it for technical purposes. In this way we save drinking water consumption.
Do I need to purchase a grease separator?
- Yes, if your object of disposal is a cafe, restaurant, sanatorium, etc. Drains from the kitchen subject to prior purification, for this before mixing with other household waste water grease separators must be installed.
Among the plants BIOTAL appeared new types, in particular, with a block of dehydration. How often should you perform sludge excavation from these plants?
- The excess activated sludge from plants BIOTAL with a block of dehydration should be withdrawn from the dehydration block not frequently than once in three months if it is a plant for a private house. Plants operating with overloaded with organic sewage from cafes, office buildings, petrol stations, etc. require more frequent recesses of sludge. Reduce the frequency of sludge seizure allows the presence in the plant a block of aerobic stabilization of excess activated sludge before feeding it to the dehydration (you should look for it when choosing the type of plant).
Why do you assemble your small plants into ferroconcrete wells, it also leads to higher prices of construction works? Some companies assemble their plastic plants directly into the ground without ferroconcrete wells and concreting.
It is not a problem to assemble the plant BIOTAL straight into the ground. There is a few reasons why we are not doing it:
1. During heavy rains groundwater level may rise and lift the plant (due to the Archimedes force) and destroy it. The cost of the plant is far higher than costs for ferroconcrete pit assembling.
2. Having assemble the plant in the ferroconcrete pit, it is possible to drive the car over it, walk, that is why territory is not lost, where the plant is assembled. If the plant is assembled directly in the ground, soil moving can destroy housing of plant.
3. It is impossible to assemble a plastic plant without a ferroconcrete pit at a high level of groundwater, which occurs at 80% of cases of plants assemblies. When pumping water from the plant during repairs, or when the groundwater level rises above the level of treated sewage in the plant itself, it can rise while housing may be damaged if the plant is not assembled in a ferroconcrete pit.
- It is not a problem to assemble the plant BIOTAL straight into the ground. There is a few reasons why we are not doing it:
Why you do not install compressors and automatic in the plant, but assemble them in utility room or basement? It also increases the cost, as it is necessary to lay pipes and cables sometimes at a distance of 20-25 meters from the building.
The technology BIOTAL allows you to assemble compressors and automation in the middle of the station, or near it, but we are not doing it for several reasons:
1. Compressors in a dry basement or in another utility room where the temperature is above 0 and low humidity work several times longer than the compressors installed in the station, as the compressors membrane is afraid of change in temperature during the winter, and valves and other elements are afraid of condensation, all of these negative factors affect the compressors located in the middle of the plant.
2. The compressor located in the plant, draws air from the street, at the same time compressing and heating it, although it is not able to heat the air in winter to the temperature required for the normal passage of the process of biological treatment (+12 C). If the compressor is installed in a basement or other utility room where the temperature is above 0C - it reheats in compressed way air which is supplied to the plant up to +30 C. This heat loss is compensated for in the installation during the winter.
3. Compressor, installed in a basement or other utility room, with air supply for the plant provides ventilation of the area where it is located.
4. If automatics and compressors are located in the building, then to control and regulate the plant there is no need to go out. Costs related with the laying of 4 x 20mm diameter air ducts and a single cable during automatics and compressors assembling in the building is not significant (cost of materials is around $ 50), and a trench between the building and the plant is still necessary to arrange for the discharge of wastewater, into the same trench in a protective casing ducts and cables packed.
- The technology BIOTAL allows you to assemble compressors and automation in the middle of the station, or near it, but we are not doing it for several reasons:
Some companies refuses of level sensors on small plants, since they have some problem. You continue to use them.
Without the level sensors it is impossible to organize the automatic power control of the plant according to the amount of incoming wastewater. Without this:
- excess electricity is wasted during the absence or the small amount of incoming wastewater;
- compressors and solenoid valves worn out;
- activated sludge is mineralized, with prolonged absence of receipt of waste water, which leads to the cessation of biological treatment, and for the restoration of the biological process must be at least 1-2 weeks. In order to avoid problems with level sensors, it is necessary to apply quality float sensors (in plants BIOTAL float sensors Grundfos (Germany) are used), and stainless steel electrode sensors with self-cleaning system. Therefore, the problem with the sensors practically do not occur;
- but if any of the sensors fails, the plant work automatically switches to the timing diagrams of the normal mode, alarm triggers, but purification process is not violated.
- Without the level sensors it is impossible to organize the automatic power control of the plant according to the amount of incoming wastewater. Without this: